1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
"Oh..." She leapt into the back seat of the car. "Everything," she said. The toothy smile was sudden and very winning. "Life." From Gore Vidal's Hollywood, which I haven't read but which my mom pulled off the shelf the other night.
2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching?
3. What’s the last program you watched on TV?
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
9:59 pm. It is actually 9:57 pm. Damn I'm good.
5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now?
Nick laughing while watching the show Dexter, a comedy about a serial killer. You read that right.
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
I went out at 2 pm to get grip tape for the front steps, rice, and a permit to park in the lot near our house.
7. What are you wearing?
A Depeche Mode t-shirt from their Playing the Angel tour, black leather belt, black jeans.
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I remember dreaming last night, but I'd forgotten it by about 10 am.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
During dinner, with my mom, Nick, and the baby. I can't remember what we laughed about but I know it was a fun mealtime.
10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now?
Nothing! We need to hang something, badly.
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Today on two separate occasions, men crossed the street in front of me, with their backs toward the oncoming traffic.
12. What do you think about this meme?
I like its randomness.
13. What’s the last film you saw?
Y Tu Mama Tambien. I didn't think it was all that great.
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Hire someone to make me my own clothes.
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know.
Lately, whenever I get sad about leaving my baby and going back to work, I've been eating ice cream.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be?
Make bicycles, scooters, and motorcycles the default mode of transportation.
17. Do you like to dance?
18. George Bush?
I hope history acknowledges his presidency for the travesty it has been.
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
Future ones? Dashiell, Asa, Parker, and Pearl. (Wow, I'm going to have 5 kids?!)
20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
This has long been a dream of mine.
21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
That my grandmother really was watching over me my whole life, and I'm going to get to talk it all over with her there.
22. Who should do this meme?