Four days to go... or three, depending on how you calculate things. Either way, I am officially stressed out, so I've decided to take a moment to reflect on all the wonderful things about the wedding, in order to take my mind off a terrible crisis that is currently underway (I can do this thanks to Good Ol' Mom, who has volunteered to deal with said crisis. Thanks, Mom!).
So, without further ado, please prepare yourselves for...
Wonderful Things About the Wedding
- Lots of friends and family are coming from all over (travelling in from 3 other continents: Europe, Asia, and South America) to share the moment with us
- I get to wear not one, but TWO gorgeous dresses
- Our invitations, which we made ourselves, were FABULOUS
- The awesome and unique cake design
- It's a chance for my girlfriends to wear those shoes and/or fancy dresses they bought because they loved but don't have enough occasions to wear
- The music, hand-picked by a couple of people with extraordinarily sophisticated taste
- The food, prepared meticulously by the finest caterers in the Bay Area
- The ceremony, which will be performed by one of my gifted and very soulful friends
- The location, which, despite having all sorts of cockamamie rules and annoying obligations, is quite lovely and scenic
- The flowers and decorations, which were assembled and selected with love and care by close family members, rather than by some random, wedding-industry florist
- Our super-cute web site
- It'll be my darling niece Emily's first big party
- Oh yeah, almost forgot...I'm marrying the man of my dreams!